- 1、10 个由call组成的英语短语动词:call for、call up、call in[10:56]
- 4、初中英语重点短语:Call up, Call for, Call on分别是什么含义?[01:53]
- 5、初中英语短语辨析考点 call off,call in,call back[02:38]
- 6、1分钟语法(127):call at (拜访某地);call on (拜访某人)[00:59]
Call a doctor at once. 快点叫个医生来。
I called you but you didn&39;d call back.
10. call off 取消
The game was called off because of bad weather. 因天气恶劣,比赛被取消了。
1. The Party and government ____the people to control population growth.
A. called off B. called for
C. called up D. called at
2. I meant____ you, but I was so busy.
A. to call on B. calling on
C. to call at D. calling at
3. —My sister is a typist at a foreign firm.
—I know this sort of work____ skill and speed.
A. asks for B. calls for
C. looks for D. waits for
4. —Did you____ your sister when you were in Shanghai?
—Yes, and I also____ my uncle’s during my stay there.
A. call on; called on B. dropped on; visit
C. call on; called at D. call at; called on
5. The ship____ several ports to pick up passengers before crossing the ocean.
A. calls for B. calls up
C. calls on D. calls at
6. —What about going to the International Women Forum this evening?
—That’s great. I’ll____ you at 6∶00 sharp.
A. call up B. call to
C. call on D. call for
7. The baby is badly ill, please call____ a doctor.
A. in B. for C. at D. up
8. In my opinion more work does not always____ more men.
A. call on B. call at
C. call for D. call up
9. The head of the workshop thought it necessary____ workers for a meeting.
A. calling on B. calling in
C. to call on D. to call in
10. The sound of happy laughter____ memories of his childhood.
A. called on B. called at
C. called for D. called up
11. That was so serious a matter that I had no choice but____ the police.
A. called in B. calling in
C. call in D. to call in
12. The sports meet, originally due to be held last Friday, was finally
____because of the bad weather.
A. set off B. worn off
C. broken off D. called off
13. A well-written composition____ good choice of words and clear organization.
A. calls on B. calls for
C. calls up D. calls off
14. He can’t do the job, because it calls____ skills and patience.
A. up B. for C. on D. in
Key: 1-5 BABCD6-10 DACDD11-14 DDBB